I wanted to share some of my favourite books of all time (kind of “name-seven-books-who-changed-your-life”). I hope the diversity of these covers will tempt you to read them or at least will make you curious about their “inside world”. I am very sensitive to a nice cover: it can be an illustration, an abstract picture, a colorful background… I know we are told to “never judge a book by its cover” but I came to this conclusion that books usually are like people: the first impression is always (almost) the right one. I am not talking about the “physical” aspect but about the “attitude” and the feeling you have when you first see them. Books I mean, don’t mislead me (happy blink). In case you were looking for something to read, pick up one of these books and you won’t be disappointed, trust me on this.
- East of Eden (1952), John Steinbeck.
- The Master of Ballantrae (1889), Robert Louis Stevenson.
- Geschwister Tanner (1907), Robert Walser.
- The Master and Margarita (written between 1928 and 1940), Mikhaïl Boulgakov.
- Chaleur du sang (posthum), Irène Némirovsky.
- Verwirrung der Gefühle (1927), Stefan Zweig.
- The Woman in white (1859), Wilkie Collins.